Monday, December 15, 2008

9 Months Already

So in my last post, I forgot to tell you about Sydney's 9-month check up. She got 3 shots and did fantastic. As always, so smiled for the first one, got a little unhappy for the second, and cried during the third. But I think it was just an act because 10 seconds later she was smiling again. Sydney is weighing in at a whopping 16 pounds 2 ounces. So maybe it's not whopping for her age, but the doctor thinks she's doing great. So I haven't updated everyone on her diet lately. She is eating tons and tons of food. She loves all fruits and veggies. Jason is a little worried she's going to be a vegetarian, so we've started giving her some meats and she loves them too. She has eaten chicken, turkey, fish, and tonight she tried a few bites of my meatload. She absolutely loved it. Her veggie of the week is cucumber. She seems to really like them. She is also eating yogurt, cottage cheese, and bread. Tonight she actually ate an entire slice of bread on her own. She didn't shove the entire slice in her mouth at once. She actually took tiny bites. It was really cool to watch her eat like a big girl. She doesn't have any teeth, but that doesn't seem to be stopping her.

So I asked Christina to come over to our houe and snap a few family portraits for the Christmas cards. Yes, I know waiting til the last minute, but that's been happening a lot lately. So you'll all probably receive Christmas cards from us after Christmas, but be happy you get them at all. So here are some of my favorites.









This is Sydney's fouth week at her new daycare. Everything is going so well. I think Sydney really enjoys going to Edna's house. She is getting such a good education. Today Edna asked Sydney to pick up the blue pice and she did. OK...so maybe it was a lucky guess, but maybe she really does know blue :)
I think she's well on her way to talking. She's got the mama and the dada down pretty well. As far as the signing is going, she's got milk down pat. She did it again this evening and at Edna's house. The next sign is eat. I've been working on that one the last couple of days with her. We'll see if she gets that one.

No comments: