Sunday, September 7, 2008

Big Girl

On Friday, Sydney had her 6-month check-up and shots with her pediatrician. And of course, Sydney showed off. As soon as I set her on the table, she rolled over and pushed herself up to a sitting position. The nurse couldn't believe it...she made a joke, that Sydney was on her way to kindergarten. The doctor said that in over the 20 years she has been in practice, she has never seen a baby like Sydney as was truely amazed. Jason thinks that she says that to all of her patients, but as Sydney's mom, it made me feel great!

In celebration of Jason's birthday, we went to Red Lobster for dinner. Since Sydney thinks she is such a big girl now, we got her a high chair and she ate sweet potato and drank apple juice while we enjoyed our shrimp. She did such a great job in the restaraunt. And during dinner she got one of the most wonderful compliments ever. The waitress for the table next to ours, saw Sydney and stopped and stared at her. She said Sydney was the most beautiful baby she had ever seen. I smiled and laughed a little. And she said again..."No, I mean it. She is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. She is even prettier than the babies in magazines." So again, as Sydney's mom...I have to agree with her :)

No comments: